Job Description: Bikeshare Planner (posted 9/25/17)
MetroBike, LLC is an internationally known bikeshare consultancy and the first of its kind in North America. Established in 2004, MetroBike has a client list which includes local and federal governments, non-profit and for-profit organizations, and universities.
MetroBike is hiring a full-time Bikeshare Planner in the Washington, D.C. region to assist with planning for the Capital Bikeshare system.
- analyze potential bikeshare station sites;
- work with local government bureaus, federal agencies, private property owners, and civic associations to obtain input on proposed station sites;
- develop a concept drawing for each station site;
- coordinate construction of pads and bulb-outs on top of which stations will be installed;
- direct the operator on station installations, relocations, and expansions;
- coordinate installation of signage and street markings, and delineator placement;
- analyze data and write reports; and
- undertake other tasks and ad hoc assignments.
Education: College degree in planning, transport, engineering, or related field. An advanced degree is a plus.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years (5 years preferred) of related experience.
Skills: Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Strong organizational skills. Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
Basic graphic design and GIS mapping skills.
Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office.
Client focus: understanding clients’ needs and responding to requests promptly, thoughtfully, and effectively.
Planning and coordination: ability to coordinate and lead meetings, work with multidisciplinary teams.
Compensation and benefits:
The salary range for this position is $60,000 – $65,000. MetroBike, LLC offers generous paid time off, health insurance, a retirement plan that is matched, and working from home.
MetroBike, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. To be considered for this role, send your cover letter and resume to hello @ metrobike.net. This position is open until filled.